All vessels moored with Caernarfon Harbour Trust Harbour limits are required to display their unique registration sticker. It is also requested that the stickers be affixed to the stern of the vessel in a prominent position please.
Vessels not displaying a valid 2017 sticker may be removed without further notice.
When: 11:00am to 5:00pm
Location: Castle Square, Caernarfon LL55 2NN
The day will start with a military parade through the town centre, and will include representatives from all the Armed Forces plus Standard Bearers, Veterans and youth organisations. 3 marching bands will be participating. In addition:
• A Drumhead service, in the shadow of Caernarfon Castle, will immediately follow the parade.
• Static displays from all Arms will be in place across the whole event site, which will be situated along the promenade, allowing the general public to see current equipment, and speak to serving personnel.
• During the day, serving personnel will demonstrate some of their capability through various demonstrations. Thundercat Racing will hold races throughout the afternoon with some serving personnel taking part in the races on the Menai Strait (see below).
• A separate entertainment area will be established where all those attending may enjoy performances from local artists whilst partaking in refreshments.
• Information stands from military charities will be available to offer advice where needed.
It is planned to be a fun day for the public to show their appreciation of Armed Forces personnel, current and past, whilst allowing them to see some of the work the Armed Forces carry out.
Pursuant to Article 3 of the Caernarfon Harbour Trust (Constitution) Harbour Revision Order 2012, nominations are requested for the appointment of Trustees.
Caernarfon Harbour Trust is also requesting nominations for two Trustees to be appointed on the 1st of November 2017. Nominations must be received by the Harbour office no later than the 1st of October 2017.
Lobster Pots and Small Craft Safety – time to change the rules!
We, the undersigned, urge the Minister of State (DEFRA) to improve the way static fishing gear is marked for the safety of all small craft at sea.
The current, voluntary, guidance is not adequate.
We ask that DEFRA seeks views regarding enforceable regulation among other options.
This petition is sponsored by the Cruising Association (CA). We believe that the current, voluntary, arrangements and guidance have not been adequate and that the number of call-outs, by the RNLI and coastguard, to small craft disabled by fouled propellers and rudders shows the significance of the problem.
We hope that all stakeholders will work together, with DEFRA, to find a solution, particularly one that is cheap and practical for our fishermen.
Rounds 5 & 6 of the 2017 Thundercat Racing calendar will take place at Caernarfon on 16th and 18th June 2017.